Tuesday, December 20, 2011

France, England, and A Little Magic

Our last trip, taken by Cait, Shawna, and I was to France and England! We didn’t sleep the night before due to an early bus that we had to take and quite a few drunken houseguests that we had. We didn’t mind them at all though! They were all good craic! We flew to England, spent some time there, and then took the Chunnel to France. In London, we saw the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, red phone booths, and so much more! And perhaps my favorite part, Platform 9 and ¾ from Harry Potter! London was outstanding and magical! And Paris was even better! The Louvre, the Lovelock Bridge, Notre Dame, Moulin Rouge, the Windmills, and again, so much more! And the most magical part of all was seeing the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle at night! The language barrier was not a barrier at all because I knew a little French before I went. I loved every single second of this trip. We even almost got to see Wicked in London, but the tickets were too expensive. I had the time of my life on this trip. We wearily got back to Ireland and soon had to study and prepare for our final exams and presentation. And it is now, that I am reminiscing on all of the experiences that I have had in Ireland. At first, time was going so slow and we were counting down the days. And now, time flying and it seems surreal. I cannot believe that we have come to the end of our trip. Wow. On a chipper side note, I have received 15, yes 15 packages since I have been in Ireland. My friends are saying that my family and friends back home are all elves that send me things every week. It made me realize even more how much of a wonderful family I have. I cannot wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment