Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Experience


Everyone, no matter who they are, is going to have a different experience abroad. The feelings that one has are personal and unique to that individual. That is one thing that will never change. And sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you cannot change the way to feel. Because you may not agree with someone on something or because you have a very different opinion of something, you should not be face repercussions for that or for expressing the way that you feel. But like I said, everyone is different and the only thing I can do is hope things will change for the better. This week, we went to the Smithwick’s Brewery and got a tour of the facility and how they make their beer. It was super interesting and the best part was that we got to sample their beer at the end of the tour! Loved this! We also went to the Kilkenny castle. The castle was beautiful and the rooms were decorated as they would be back when the castle was lived in. It was fascinating to see all of the different rooms and see how differently people lived many years ago. I want to live in a castle now! The last stop on our fieldtrip was to a huge Abbey that had a tower. We actually got to climb the tower, which was absolutely terrifying. The stairs were barely big enough for one person at a time; they were old and wooded, and as steep as ever. And there were about fifteen sets of stairs to the top. The climb was terrifying, but the view from the top was amazing! We were so high up and could see the whole city! We didn’t spend much time up at the top because we felt like we were going to fall down. And the climb down may have been scarier than the climb up. But overall, the climb was definitely worth it to see the view. I have gotten a new apartment! Things were not working out in my old apartment and it was better to just completely remove myself from that whole situation. My new apartment is nicer and I get my own room. The girls that I live with are loud, but they are still incredibly nice and I like them already! I have already slept better here than I ever did in my old apartment and I feel like this is a new start for me. I will hopefully have a clearer mind and be able to enjoy things a little more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment