Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I am Truly Thankful For...


My friends from America came to visit me! Amy is studying in Florence and Robyn came to visit her from the states. And they both came to visit me! It was great to see them both and allow them to experience and enjoy Ireland. They came over Thanksgiving and we were all able to go to Sister Mary’s house for an amazing dinner. It was so delicious and as we sat in our food coma’s, I realized how thankful I was for my friends, this experience, and the opportunities that I was given. As I said before, I have finally found my own little slice of happiness in Ireland. The new friends I have made are in large part responsible for this and I am so very grateful to them for it. Even going to the horrible Foundry was made fun by Jenny, Shawna Dos, Ann Marie and Maggie. Maggie and Ann Marie, Jenny and Dos along with a few other friends, are what is going to make saying goodbye to Ireland so bittersweet. These girls have come into our lives for a reason and will stay in our lives for many years to come. They are all truly beautiful girls, inside and out. We have experienced so many things with them. From emotional highs, to emotional lows, to birthdays and shopping trips, to nursing one back to health, to broken faces, going to a ball, hair falling out, boy troubles, falling in love, movie nights, cooking dinners, getting “Anne-Marie-d”, tears and laughs and beautiful new friendships that were made. I will never forget these girls and hope with all my heart that they will never forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment