Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Haunted Dublin, Family, and Traveling, Oh my!


We had a field trip to Dublin this week and because my family was coming to visit me this weekend, we stayed in Dublin for the weekend! First, we went to the Kilmainham Jail. It was really interesting and had a lot of history to go along with it. We then went to Trinity College. This was also really cool! It was in the center of Dublin City and the stone paths in the college were very neat to walk on. We saw the Book of Celts which was awesome because it was so old. And then the library that was above the book was also really interesting. There were so many walls lined with so many books! It was incredibly! Friday night, the girls and I decide to go on a haunted ghost tour of Ireland because it was Halloween Weekend. The ghosts were scary and the pictures we took have so many orbs in them. Somehow, the ghosts were not the scariest part of the tour. We came across a group of very young drunk children from the Northside of Dublin. They would not leave our tour group alone and ended up harassing us. The police got involved because the children went and told their mothers that we were “being mean” to them and that one of the girls in the group hit one of the kids. It was a big misunderstanding. However, the police got involved. It was amazing because it was like we were helpless against these young children. Even after the police came, the kids starting throwing rocks and Shawna got hit with one. She has a really big bruise on her leg. We finally got rid of the kids and our tour was pretty much ruined, but it was quite the experience. One coo thing we found was that one of the kids on the tour was also studying in Ireland and was from American. But not only from America, from Pennsylvania and he lived close to where we all lived! That was refreshing! We found our hostel and it was very difficult to sleep. My sister, my best friend in the entire world, was coming to Ireland to see me tomorrow! I was ecstatic!!! We got to the airport and waiting for them to walk off of the plane was taking forever. And then, I saw her! I ran to her and we cried and I gave her the biggest hug I could have possible given her! Ashley and Brandon were here with me in Ireland and I loved it! We tried to fit as much as we could into their time here. We went to the Guinness Factory and learned to pour the perfect pint of Guinness. We went to the Jameson Whiskey tour in Dublin. This was neat because it was different than the one in Middleton, Cork. We went to the Giants Causeway and Belfast. I loved Belfast!! It was amazing! Our tour guide for this tour was hysterical and we all loved him! We also went to the Carrick-a-reed rope bridge. Terrifying, but a really great experience! And the perfect way to end our trip was taking a trip to Blarney. The weather was much nicer and my pictures look a lot better minus all of the rain! My friend Jackie, who is currently studying in Rome, came to Ireland to visit us and she came to Blarney as well. We all loved it! And Blarney has the best hot chocolate I have even had in my entire life. Not kidding or exaggerating in the slightest bit. We travelled as much as we could and even had a traditional dinner in the Brazen Head Pub. And right before they left, I got to go to the Chocolate Garden of Ireland. It was fantastic and the chocolate is amazing! We got to make chocolate cats and I bought tons more Christmas presents! Saying goodbye the second time was even harder than the first. But we bid each other ado and knew that we would see each other soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment